Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Books of 2012

One of my goals for 2012 is to complete a minimum of 12 books this year. An average of one a month. Doable, right!? I have struggled to find the time, energy, even desire to read the past 18 months. I have great intentions in the morning, but by the end of the day I am drained. I cannot focus, comprehend, or even stay awake.... and this is by 7:30! In all honesty, it baffles me! With that, I am hopeful that my reading list isn't to ambitious....but please, feel free to ask how or what I am reading.... I am lacking accountability, and would love some.


Almost finished with: Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman-companion to Shepherding a Child's Heart.

A Praying Life, Paul Miller (Beyond excited about this)
Radical by David Platt
Grace Based Parenting by Ted Kimmel
Parenting with Scripture by Kara Durbin
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Knowing God by J.I. Packer
Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst (for a Bible Study)
So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore (currently reading for a Bible Study)
Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer (devotional companion)

This is the list I have compiled, in no particular order. This brings me to 12. Some I am using as devotional companions/Bible Study/Book Study. With that being said, I am hoping to add to this list throughout the year. Recommendations anyone??

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got some intense reads! I was trying to get through Grace Based Parenting but had several others I was reading and didn't finish it before having to send back to the library. I would like to pick it back up. I'll have to look to see if I have my copy of Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl but I think I may have given it away. If I find it, you can have it if you don't already have a copy. I loved even more Lysa's book Made to Crave! I read it just a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, that would be great if I can borrow it! I haven't purchased it yet!! I have considered Made to Crave. I have heard good and great about it, but making time for it is the key!

      Delete